This is a bare Joe Walnes's Pi Crust
board. It's an add-on board for the Raspberry Pi, making it convenient to attach peripherals.
Changed since V4:
* The shape of the slot in the middle of the board has been altered to accommodate the new connector of the Revision 2 Raspberry Pi.
Version 4 is also still available.
Pi Crust Features
- Really compact - sits inside the surface area of the Raspberry Pi and adds less than 2mm to the height. If you have a case for your Raspberry Pi, this board may well fit inside it.
- Pins are grouped together: GPIO, I2C, SPI, UART and power.
- Every pin is clearly labelled.
- Connections: 2 x SPI, 2 x I2C, 1 x UART, 8 x GPIO.
- Uses female headers instead of male headers - you can poke jumpers right in.
- Lots of GND and 5V pins - you need those guys a lot. These pins are duplicated where it makes sense (e.g. within the UART, I2C and SPI groups).
- All thru-hole components - you can solder it yourself.
- Cheapety cheapy cheap.
- Open source hardware.